The ZMA connector is a bayonet coupling device. The unique design of this connector provides a high coupling force, which is ideal for extreme vibration applications where insufficient room is available for spring loaded blindmate panels. The ZMA is a quarter-turn coaxial connector that can be mated by hand so that special tooling is not required for proper installation. There are 8 keying arrangements are available to prevent improper mating of assemblies in blind installations. The ZMA connector is designed with electrical performance of 18 GHz, overlapping PTFE dielectrics, and rugged stainless steel body construction appropriate for military applications.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
* Overlapping interface dielectric ideally suited for high-power/high-voltage applications
* Bayonet coupling installs with just 1/4 turn
* Internal alignment and spring forces comparable to those of blindmate connectors
* Mated by hand - no special tooling required
* 3-lug and 4-lug latching mechanism for mechanical stability
* Multiple keying options prevent improper mating of assemblies